- Rebecca Shnider just donated $37.44
- Shelley Beder just donated $52.00
- Amos Meltzer just donated $120.00
- Lauren just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Noah Webb just donated $52.00
- leah and david freilich just donated $78.00
- Nathan just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Jesse Nissen just donated $1.00
- Jesse just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Arnold Vogel just donated $104.00
- Bart and Lesley Vogel just donated $78.00
- Mitchell Faiman just donated $50.00
- Mitchell just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Sassi Liberman just donated $37.44
- Carl ZUFI just donated $52.00
- Marc Blecher just donated $1.00
- Marc just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Rainer Gertis just donated $1.00
- Rainer just registered for 2020 Melbourne MS Maccabi National Swimathon
- Ali, Andrew & Jerry just donated $52.00
DAYS UNTIL CHALLENGE
About the Event
Let’s get moving together this Spring!
No matter what level of swimmer you are, your participation can be for as little as 30 minutes (which you can share as a relay with others) or more if you feel fit!
We have two options available to suit your swimming style:
Open Water Swim – join us at Brighton Beach for a bay swim! A choice of distances will be available, catering for novice open water swimmers through to hard-core open water “warriors”.
Pool Swim – show your support by swimming some laps at Prahran Pool. Swim at your own pace in a lane exclusively reserved for MS Maccabi Swimathon participants.
Not a swimmer? We have you covered!
Join us for a walk or run at Brighton Beach, starting just outside the Brighton Baths.
Raised so far
Sunday, 29 November 2020
Open Water Swim: 8.00AM - 9.30AM
Pool Swim: 10.00AM - 1.00PM
Walk and Run: 8.00AM - 9.30AM
FAMILY ENTRY (2 x ADULTS & 2 x CHILD)
SOLO ENTRY (1 x ADULT OR 1 x CHILD)
FREE ENTRY FOR CHILDREN 4 YEARS AND UNDER, AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH MS, BY CALLING 1300 733 690.
Brighton Baths Health Club
251 Esplanade, Brighton
Prahran Aquatic Club
41 Essex Street, Prahran
A COVID SAFE EVENT
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What COVID-19 Safety measures are in place at this event?
- Encourage all participants and stakeholders involved in the event to download the COVID-Safe app.
- Hand sanitizer station made available at the registration table for participants, volunteers and the event organising committee to use.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided for the event organising committee (gloves, masks).
- Cashless registrations and donations on the day.
- Encourage physical distancing throughout the event.
- Physical distancing and hygiene reminders in signage at the registration tables.
As stated on their website, Prahran Aquatic Centre will:
- No access to sauna, spa and steam room
- Drinking fountains are unavailable
- Limitations will apply to the number of people allowed in changerooms and showers, based on the 4m per person rule
- Shared equipment will not be in use – please bring your own goggles and swimming aids (eg. kick boards) from home.
- Maximum 50 people will be allowed in the pool at the one time
- Maximum 10 people in each lane at one time.
- Increase cleaning and sanitising commitments across the centre.
What are the Conditions of Entry to the Prahran Aquatic Centre?
The following conditions of entry and use apply to access Prahran Aquatic Centre facilities.
- You are currently in good health.
- You agree to practice social distancing of 1.5 metres at all times when in this facility.
- You will comply with any guidelines from the Victorian Chief Health Officer and follow instructions by centre staff when in the facility.
- You agree to wear a face covering at all times unless:
- you have finished getting changed and are walking directly to/from your belongings
- you are actively participating in exercise within your designated session time
- you have a recognised exemption from a medical practitioner and have informed the Centre staff upon entry.
Prahran Aquatic Centre strongly encourage all attendees to:
- Download the COVIDSafe app.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, stay home, seek advice and get tested.
What is the updated lane etiquette?
- There is a 10-person limit per lane, and the maximum pool capacity is 50
- Keep to the left of the lane in single file
- Do not stop in the middle of the lane
- Lifeguards will not loan equipment during COVID 19 restrictions. Please bring any floatation devices and goggles from home
What are the current state government restrictions for an outdoor pool?
- Outdoor swimming pools can open for up to 50 people per pool
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets can open
For more information visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-third-step#are-swimming-pools-open
What are the current state government restrictions for outdoor sport and exercise?
- Outdoor gatherings in a public place are limited to up to 10 people, infants under 12 months not included in the cap. A public place means an area that everyone can access, for example a local park or the beach.
- While exercising, you should keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- You need to wear a face mask at the beach. This includes while paddling in the shallows. You do not have to wear a mask while swimming.
- You must wear a face mask when walking for exercise unless you have a lawful reason not to such as a medical condition where it would be dangerous to have obstructed breathing while walking around.
For more information visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-third-step
Can I register on the day?
Participants will be greeted by the event organising committee at the registration table, near the front entrance of Prahran Aquatic Centre.
Registration will be open from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
When entering the venue, please let the Prahran Pool staff know you are here for the Maccabi Swimathon to gain entry.
Open Water Swim / Walk and Run
Participants will be greeted by the event organising committee at the registration desk on the beach alongside Brighton Baths. Registration will open from 7:15am onwards.
Can I donate on the day?
Yes, however due to health and safety reasons we strongly encourage donations be done online.
Unlike cash donations, online donations will display online instantly, contributing to the event’s fundraising total. You will also receive a tax receipt via email for donations over $2.
Are there facilities (water fountains, showers, changerooms) to use?
As per Prahran Aquatic Centre guidelines, water fountains are un-available to use. Please ensure you bring a filled water bottle from home.
Showers and changerooms
Showers and change rooms will be open for use. To avoid congestion, it is encouraged that you shower at home if possible.
Open Water Swim / Run / Walk
Public toilets are available near Brighton Baths, close to the registration area of your event.
Will there be food and beverages available at the event?
The on-site café will be open, offering take away food and drinks. Card payments only.
Open Water Swim
Food and beverages can be purchased from local eateries. We encourage you to bring a filled water bottle from home to remain hydrated before and after exercising.
Can my friends and family attend as spectators?
Spectators and coaches are permitted and will not be charged an entry fee from Prahran Aquatic Centre. It is important that spectators and coaches adhere to social distancing rules inside and outside the venue.
Spectators and coaches not participating in the event will be required to sign in and provide contact details at the registration table at the front entrance of the Prahran Aquatic Centre.
Open Water Swim
Spectators are limited to one parent, guardian or carer only, where child requires supervision.
What if I am feeling unwell on event day?
We encourage everyone to make choices that support public safety and wellness. Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, do not participate in public events and seek medical advice.
Stay at home if you have been in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, have travelled interstate or overseas in the last 14 days.
Let your Team Captain and team members know you can’t attend.
Please follow advice from the State and Federal Government authorities and Australian Health Department. Follow the directions of Government Health Authorities and always practise good hygiene. The Australian Government provides advice on hygiene practices. For more information, visit the Australian Government website.
Australian Health Department: https://www.health.gov.au/
Hygiene practices https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus-covid-19/good-hygiene-for-coronavirus-covid-19